Why to choose spanish olive oil?
Today, the olive is cultivated in different parts of the world but keeps its best grade in the Mediterranean, specially in Spain, the most important production area in the world and the main producer and exporter due to its best olive oil flavours, with a production of 127.100 tons a year covering 25.000 Km2.
The highest grade of the spanish olive oils is because of some circumstances:
- Resistant olive tree: One of the secrets why the spanish olive oil is the best is the olive trees resistance.The spanish olive trees are now hard and resistant trees, to weather and diverse terrain, and coexist with other native crops such as vines or almonds.Reason why the harvest is always in good conditions.
- Different climates throughout Spain: Spain enjoys a surprising variety of climates and microclimates, due to it's complex terrain and orography, with great variety and richness of soil.That is the reason why the spectrum of flavors and colors found among the Spanish oils is diverse and spectacular.It also helps the blends between different areas leading to perfect flavour combinations with a wide range and diversity of aromas and flavors without equal in any other producing country.
- Largest variety of olives: It is believed that more than 150 different varieties are grown in Spain today, which allows experts to make endless blends and get the best flavour combinations.It is also acknowledged that the features and the produce of a variety are influenced by the climate and territory of the area where they are cultivated.
-Italy buys spanish olive oil and exports it: Since before the third century BC, the Romans have labeled its olive oil as ours, and today they keep on doing it because one big reason. The spanish oil quality.
| - The golden Guadalquivir region: The impressive region of the Guadalquivir river is the center of all olive oil production in the world. Is the best place in the world, where the optimum climate, perfect soil and olive varieties come together to produce the most expensive extra virgin olive oils in the world.No other place in the world can compete with Guadalquivir river.
- The oldest olive trees: The indigenous olive tree (wild olive tree) first appeared in the eastern Mediterranean but it was in Spain that it (in Alcañiz) was first cultivated. Since then, the presence of the olive tree in the Spanish region has been uninterrupted and closely connected with the traditions and the culture of the Spanish people.
- The perfect soil conditions: The olive tree needs limestone, fresh and deep soils. In XV y XVII centuries the arabic poblation realized about it and spread the olive trees cultivation over Jaén, Córdoba and Sevilla where the soil and the best cultivation techniques produce the highest grade of olive oil.
- International prizes winners: At the most important international prizes about olive oil,where the best international experts decide, almost always gets the first prize a spanish olive oil. (“Terra Olivo” (Israel), “Oleario Internazionale di Armonia” (Italia), “The Best of Class” Los Angeles (USA), “The Great Taste Award” (UK), “Olive d’Or in SIAL” (Canadá), “Oil China” (Shangai, China), or the three golden stars inl “International Quality Awards”, all of them earned by spanish olive oils in 2010-2012.
- The best option for most of the countries: China, Italy, France, UK, USA, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Rusia, Romania, Turkey, Sweden, Canada, Japan, etc.... all of them choose Spain as their main olive oil supplier country. That is why Spain is the most important extra virgin olive oil exporting country.